To maintain a wood floor, you should follow these steps:
- Sweep, dust, or vacuum the floor regularly to remove dirt and debris.
- Wipe up spills and splatters immediately, using a clean, damp cloth or sponge.
- Use a wood floor cleaner or a mixture of water and vinegar to clean the floor, avoiding excessive amounts of water.
- Dry the floor thoroughly after cleaning to prevent water damage.
- Protect the floor from scratches and dents by using furniture pads or felt pads on the legs of furniture.
- Avoid walking on the floor with high heels, sports cleats, or other hard-soled shoes.
- Use area rugs in high-traffic areas or in front of sinks and appliances to protect the wood from moisture and excessive wear. Be especially careful around washing machines and dryers where concentrations of moisture and heat are often present.
- Avoid exposing the wood to direct sunlight or heat sources, as this can cause fading and warping.
- If the wood is damaged or shows signs of wear, consider refinishing or resealing it to restore its beauty and protect it from further damage.
By following these steps, you can help to keep your wood floor looking beautiful for years to come.
Be sure to contact us for a free flooring and style consultation
Monday - Saturday: 8 AM - 6 PM